What is Transit Equity?
- Ensuring opportunities for meaningful public involvement in the transportation planning process, particularly for those communities that most directly feel the impact of projects and funding choices
- Being held to a high standard of public accountability and financial transparency
- Distributing the benefits and burdens from transportation projects fairly across all income levels and communities
- Providing high quality services – emphasizing access to economic opportunity and basic mobility – to all communities but with an emphasis on transit dependent populations
- Equitably prioritizing efforts both to revitalize poor and minority communities and to expand transportation infrastructure