Make it Happen is Our Motto for East 7th Street.
Together we are going to create a vibrant urban destination and neighborhood center for the Dayton’s Bluff community on St. Paul’s east side. The Dayton’s Bluff Community Council is taking the lead on many of the recommendations from the Near East Side Task Roadmap, part of the City of St. Paul Comprehensive Plan.
First we envision our favorite destination neighborhood business district…
- clean, attractive and vibrant
- pedestrians walk safely, creating an abundance of activity
- an broad array of businesses enthrall local and regional customers
- colorful art and flowers abound
- buildings and signs have a local feel with an international flavor
- festivities and celebrations are frequent
- trees soften the landscape and lantern-style lighting adds old world charm
- sitting areas abound for relaxation and soaking up the sun
- laughter overflows from children’s playgrounds
- art invites touch and music taps feet
- food and good company feed the body and soul
- parks and paths keep us fit
- history enthralls visitors and residents alike
- new signs encourage pedestrians to “walk the bluff”
- creative crosswalk designs slow traffic and respect pedestrian activity
- previously vacant and unproductive land and buildings are reclaimed
…and we Make it Happen.
As part of Make it Happen, the Community Council launched a campaign to work together to increase the number, quality and range of businesses that locate on E. 7th Street by creating the East Side Enterprise Center to support growth of businesses on 7th Street.